Salsa Picante -- a spicy condiment made with cooked veggies. Great to serve with any Tex-mex dish.
- supermarket roast chicken, approximately 200g once shredded (Diced - (from a 15oz can of diced tomatoes))
- supermarket roast chicken, approximately 200g once shredded (Canned)
- 1 red onion (- small, chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (- small, diced)
- 2 jalapenos seeds (- removed and diced small)
- 2 cloves garlic (- , finely minced)
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- to taste Salt (Coarse)
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1tbsp oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, jalapenos and cook stirring occasionally, until onion is soft, about 4~5 minutes.
- Next add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, vinegar ans season with salt. Bring to a rapid simmer.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens slightly and the vegetables are tneder, about 5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and adjust by adding more vinegar and/ or salt.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up 1 week.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout