Sheet Pan Peppers and Brats
The View From the Great Island
Sheet Pan Peppers and Brats ~ a quick and easy way to feed a Game Day crowd or a hungry family. This delicious sheet pan dinner is always a favorite!
- 6 bratwurst or other type of raw sausage (leave them out of the refrigerator for an hour so they aren't super cold)
- olive oil
- assorted colorful bell peppers (allow about 1/2 pepper per brat)
- 1 medium onion
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- red pepper flakes to taste
- This step is optional but if you want grill marks on your brats, give them a brush with olive oil and brown them on a grill pan for a few minutes on each side.
- Remove the veins and seeds from the peppers and slice into thin strips.
- Peel, halve, and slice the onion into thin wedges.
- Put the onions and peppers on a sheet pan and season lightly with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil. Use your clean hands to toss everything together so all surfaces are lightly coated with the oil. Arranged in a single layer on the pan.
- Nestle the brats in among the veggies. I sprinkle the red pepper flakes over all.
- Roast in your preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until the brats are cooked through (interior temperature should read 160F) and everything is nicely caramelized.
- Serve with your favorite buns and lots of grainy mustard.