Sheet Pan Salmon with Caramelized Winter Veggies
The View From the Great Island
This quick and easy Sheet Pan Salmon with Caramelized Vegetables is a simple one pan meal that will draw oohs and aahs from the dinner crowd.
- note: each sheet pan will hold 3 servings.
- 10 brussels sprouts (trimmed and halved)
- 6 slender rainbow carrots (trimmed and peeled)
- 12 ounces small multicolored potatoes ( (I used fingerling) halved lengthwise )
- 3 slender parsley root or parsnip ( trimmed and peeled)
- 1 japanese eggplant, or 1/2 regular eggplant ( cut into roughly 2 inch chunks)
- 2-3 hot peppers such as jalapeno or Fresno ( halved lengthwise)
- olive oil
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 slices of salmon (approximately 1/3 pound each)
- 9 thin slices of lemon
- optional: honey or marmalade to brush over the salmon
- fresh thyme or dill
- Set the oven to 425F
- Toss the veggies in about 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, or enough to lightly coat them, and season with salt and pepper. Lay them out in a single layer on a sheet pan. Don't crowd the pan. Cook for 10 minutes, maybe 15 if your veggies are on the larger side.
- Lightly season the salmon with salt and if you like you can brush on a layer of honey or marmalade. Top with the sliced lemon.
- Remove the pan from the oven and give everything a good stir. Make room for the salmon and nestle it in among the vegetables. Roast for a further 20 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and the vegetables are browned and tender.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh thyme or dill.