Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
These slow cooker chicken burrito bowls made with cauliflower rice will keep you full for hours and are the perfect burrito bowl recipe.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- ½ jalapeno (seeded and diced)
- 8 oz tomato sauce (can)
- 14½ oz diced tomatoes (can)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 head Cauliflower (large)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 15 oz can black beans (drained)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 2 avocados (diced)
- lime wedges (optional)
- dollop plain greek yogurt
- Combine the chicken breasts, chicken thighs, diced onion, tomato sauce, diced canned tomatoes, oregano, 2 tsp. kosher salt, 1 tsp. ground black pepper, cumin, chili powder, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne in the bowl of a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. Chicken is ready when can easily be pulled apart.
- When tender, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred into bite-size pieces using your fingers or two forks.
- In a medium bowl, combine the drained beans and enough of the juices from the slow cooker (besides the chicken). This will heat up and flavor the beans for serving.
- Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and mix with remaining juices.
- There are two ways to turn the cauliflower into rice-size pieces: (1) using a kitchen grater on the larger holes or (2) in a food processor. (The food processor makes this way quick and easy so I recommend it if you have one). If using a grater, keep the cauliflower whole and grate as you would cheese. If using a processor, break the cauliflower into florets - it may be necessary to do this in 2-3 batches.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the cauliflower \"rice\" and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower rice is tender and just slightly golden brown, about 7-10 minutes.
- Mix in the remaining salt, pepper, and garlic powder into the cauliflower rice and stir to combine.
- To serve, add the cauliflower rice to a bowl, followed by the shredded chicken, black beans, avocado, diced tomatoes. Top with additional desired toppings, such as a dollop of greek yogurt.
View the recipe instructions at www.asweetpeachef.com