Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes & Cranberry Mushroom Sauce
Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 2 potatoes (large)
- 1½ cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 tsp garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1½ cups spinach
- ¼ cup cranberry sauce (organic)
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small slices.
- Place the potatoes in the slow cooker. Add 3/4 cups of almond milk, garlic, and salt/pepper.
- Cook on high for about 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes to keep them from sticking to the sides.
- When the potatoes have about 30 minutes left, heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the mushrooms and sauté for about 5-7 minutes. Add in the spinach and lightly sauté. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat up the cranberry sauce in the same pan. Set aside.
- Using a potato masher or a stand mixer, mash the potatoes. Add in the remaining almond milk and continue to mash to desired texture.
- Serve mashed potatoes in two bowls, topping with the sautéed mushrooms, spinach, and cranberry sauce. Enjoy!
View the recipe instructions at www.jaroflemons.com