Slow Cooker Vegetable Pot Pie Stew
A lower calorie and lower carb spin on your favourite vegetable pot pie. This stew offers the same great flavours but in a gluten free, slow cooker version.
- 1 yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 6 carrots (peeled & diced)
- 2 lbs yellow potatoes (peeled & cubed into half inch pieces)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- ½ tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sage
- ½ tsp thyme
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- Add all ingredients except the water, corn starch and milk to your slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Switch the slow cooker to high. Then in a small bowl or jar, combine your water and corn starch and mix well. (I shake vigorously in a sealed jar.) Add this mixture to your slow cooker and cook on high for 30 minutes. This will thicken your stew.
- Turn off your slow cooker, stir in the milk and serve.
View the recipe instructions at thishealthykitchen.com