Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa And Mango Salad
This healthy Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa and Mango Salad is delicious, a great way to get more vegetables and plant-based foods to your diet.
- 15 ounce can black beans (no salt added, rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked, red or tri-color, according to package directions)
- 1 cup fresh corn (or frozen)
- 1 red bell pepper (small, chopped)
- 1 cup fresh mango (chopped)
- ¼ cup red onion (finely chopped)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (small, seeded and finely diced)
- 1 lemon (juice from, medium, or lime)
- 1½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- Mix together the beans, quinoa, corn, bell pepper, mango, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and turmeric in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the mixture and toss.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
View the recipe instructions at www.skinnytaste.com