Spiced Scrambled Eggs
Tesco Real Food
With sharp red onion, golden turmeric and aromatic Indian spices, these spicy scrambled eggs are no usual breakfast.
- 400 g frozen spinach (defrosted and well drained)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 30 g butter
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 8 eggs (beaten)
- 40 g low-fat greek-style yogurt
- 4 Flatbreads (warmed, to serve)
- 15 g fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges to serve)
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat until hot. Add the spinach and a pinch of salt and cook for a few mins until any excess water has been cooked off and the spinach is heated through. Stir in the garlic and half the butter and season with black pepper. Cook for a further 2-3 mins until the garlic is fragrant. Cover and keep warm.
- Melt the remaining butter in a separate pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 5 mins until softened. Stir in the spices and cook for 1 min until fragrant. Add the eggs and stir well to combine, then scramble to taste. Stir in the yogurt.
- Pile the spinach and eggs on top of the warmed flatbreads, scatter with the coriander and serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.
View the recipe instructions at Tesco Real Food