Spinach Paneer Paratha
Paratha stuffed with spinach and paneer. It is protein rich and is great to pack for lunches or everyday dinner.
- 1 cup Wholewheat flour Atta (/)
- 2 cups spinach (leaves, finely chopped)
- (1.25l) fish stock (, grated)
- 1 onion (Small , finely chopped)
- 1 ~ 2 Chilies (Green , finely chopped)
- to taste Salt
- For the Dough: Combine atta, oil and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl. Add enough water to make a soft, pliable dough. Cover and set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- For the filling: Combine chopped spinach, grated paneer, onions, green chilies and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Make the parathas: Divide the dough into 5~6 equal size balls. Flour the rolling surface and roll out each piece into 5~6" round circle.
- Place it on a hot tawa and add about 3tbsp of the spinach mixture on one half of the paratha. Fold the other half over the filling and cook on medium flame until golden and brown spots form, flip and cook till golden. It is important to cook on medium flame otherwise the dough will cook on the outside, but inside will be raw. Brush with melted butter or oil once done. Serve hot.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout