Spring Salad with Edible Flowers
The View From the Great Island
Spring Salad with Edible Flowers ~ I'll show you how to identify, source, and use edible flowers to make this gorgeous celebratory salad for any occasion!
- 5 ounce clamshell pack of baby spring greens mix
- 1 small sweet onion such as Vidalia, Maui, or any generic sweet onion
- assorted edible flowers
- ¼ cup dressing of your choice
- Peel and slice the onion into paper thin rounds. The easiest way to do this is with a mandoline slicer. if you don't have one, just get them as thin as you can. Separate the rings.
- Put the dressing at the bottom of a very large salad bowl.
- Put the greens and onions into the bowl, but don't mix with the dressing.
- Scatter the edible flowers across the top of the salad.
- Bring the salad to the table and toss with the dressing just before serving.
- Alternately you can serve the dressing on the side.