Sticky Pork Ramen
- 400 g slow cooked pork shoulder with a date and five spice sauce
- 500 ml dashi
- 25 g fresh ginger (peeled and shredded)
- 300 g egg noodles (fresh)
- 90 g 1 baby pak choi (each halved lengthways)
- 1 bunch salad onions (shredded)
- ½ tsp chilli infused olive oil (or lee kum kee chiu chow chilli oil, to serve)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6 and roast the pork in its foil tray for 20 minutes. Meanwhile put the dashi stock into a large saucepan with the ginger, bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Pour the pork cooking liquor into the dashi, then spread the sticky sauce sachet over the meat and roast for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add the noodles to the dashi and lay the pak choi on top, cut sides up. Cover the pan and simmer for 3 minutes, until the pak choi is just tender.
- 3. Slice the pork thickly and keep any sauce. Put the noodles, pak choi and broth into large bowls, top with the pork, sauce and a mound of salad onions. Drizzle with a little chilli oil to taste and serve; toss to mix and add more chilli oil if you like your ramen really spicy.
View the recipe instructions at www.waitrose.com