Sticky Toffee Porridge
Cake and Whisky
Cake for breakfast? It's a date! Super quick to make, filling and packed-full of healthy ingredients, this Sticky Toffee Porridge is a breakfast dream!
- 25 g porridge oats
- 200 l water or almond milk
- 1 tsp ground almond
- ½ tsp cane syrup or treacle
- 10 dates
- a few almonds (roughly chopped)
- Place the dates in a bowl. Cover with boiling water and soak for 10-15 minutes. Remove the dates from the soaking water (save the water for later) and peel them. Place the flesh in a food processor and blend until smooth and lump-free, adding a bit of the soaking water if necessary.
- In a small saucepan, combine the oats, water, ground almond and cane syrup. Cook for 2-3 min or until it thickens.
- In a glass, layer the porridge and date caramel, top with a light sprinkle of chopped almonds and serve immediately.
View the recipe instructions at Cake and Whisky