Strawberry jalapeno Marinated Steak Salad
The View From the Great Island
This Strawberry Jalapeno Marinated Flank Steak Salad is a deliciously gorgeous way to welcome spring, and really packs a punch when it comes to flavor.
- strawberry jalapeno marinade/dressing
- 2 cups (about 8-9 large strawberries
- 2 jalapenos
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 8 tbsp mild vinegar (I use
- Lemon juiced
- 2 tsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 large handfuls of watercress
- 0.5 red onion, halved and very thinly sliced
- 12 strawberries
- 4 eggs, soft boiled and halved
- Put the strawberries in the bowl of a food processor. Cut the stems off of the jalapenos and chop them into a few pieces and place it into the bowl as well, seeds and all. Process for about a minute until everything is smooth. Scrape down the sides of the machine a couple of times to get everything smoothly pureed. You should have about 1 cup of puree.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk to combine well. Taste the marinade and adjust it if you think it needs more lemon, or more salt, etc. Reserve half the marinade to use for salad dressing.
- Put the flank steak in a large zip lock baggie and pour in the remaining marinade. Remove any excess air and zip up the bag. Massage to coat the meat well, and then store flat on a plate in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
- Grill the steak over a hot grill to your desired doneness. Flank steak is thin, and mine only took a few minutes on each side. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Set out 4 dinner sized plates and divide the greens among them. Scatter on the onions and sliced strawberries. Drizzle a little dressing over each.
- Add the sliced steak and the halved eggs. Drizzle with more dressing and serve while the steak and the eggs are still warm.