Summer Fruit Salad with Kefir Poppy Seed Dressing
The View From the Great Island
Summer Fruit Salad with Kefir Poppy Seed Dressing ~ a healthy and delicious mixed fruit salad that goes from breakfast to dessert ~ can be vegan too!
- 8 cups assorted summer fresh fruit and berries, (allow about a cup of chopped fruit per person)
- ½ cup kefir (or yogurt thinned with milk. For vegan use thick coconut milk or non-dairy yogurt)
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
- honey to taste (optional, I didn't use)
- lemon juice to taste (optional, I didn't use)
- Cut large fruit in bite sized chunks, and smaller fruit like cherries, grapes, or blackberries in half. Leave other berries like blueberries and raspberries whole. Arrange them in a wide shallow bowl. (This helps keep the weight of the fruit from crushing the delicate berries, etc.)
- Blend the kefir with the poppy seeds, and the honey and or lemon, if using.
- Drizzle the dressing over the fruit just before serving.
- Note: The dressing can be made ahead of time and kept refrigerated, but the fruit should be cut as close to serving as possible.