Summer Fruit Salad with Kefir Poppy Seed Dressing
The View From the Great Island
Summer Fruit Salad with Kefir Poppy Seed Dressing ~ a healthy and delicious mixed fruit salad that goes from breakfast to dessert ~ can be vegan too!
- 8 cups assorted summer fresh fruit and berries, (allow about a cup of chopped fruit per person)
- ½ cup kefir (or yogurt thinned with milk. For vegan use thick coconut milk or non-dairy yogurt)
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
- honey to taste (optional, I didn't use)
- lemon juice to taste (optional, I didn't use)
- Cut large fruit in bite sized chunks, and smaller fruit like cherries, grapes, or blackberries in half. Leave other berries like blueberries and raspberries whole. Arrange them in a wide shallow bowl. (This helps keep the weight of the fruit from crushing the delicate berries, etc.)
- Blend the kefir with the poppy seeds, and the honey and or lemon, if using.
- Drizzle the dressing over the fruit just before serving.
- Note: The dressing can be made ahead of time and kept refrigerated, but the fruit should be cut as close to serving as possible.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island