Super Simple Scone Recipe
You Totally Got This
Light and fluffy insides. Crunchy golden tops. This 3 ingredient super simple scone recipe is the only scone recipe you will ever need.
- 3 cups of self-raising flour
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the flour and butter in a mixing bowl and then use your fingertips to rub the flour and butter together until the mixture forms fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and add 1 cup of milk. Mix until the mixture forms a soft dough, adding an extra dash of milk if the mixture is dry.
- Lightly flour your bench top. Transfer the dough to the floured surface and knead until smooth. Pat the dough down with the palm of your hand until it's about 2cm thick. Use a round cutter or a glass to cut out scones. If there is dough leftover, pull it together and repeat the process. You should end up with 15 scones.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the scones have risen and the tops are golden. Transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm.
View the recipe instructions at You Totally Got This