Sweet Bell Pepper & Onion Salad
The View From the Great Island
Sweet Bell Pepper & Onion Salad ~ if you love colorful bell peppers like I do, this is for you ~ it's crunchy, colorful, healthy, and so yummy!
- exact amounts aren't important here...
- about a small to medium sweet bell pepper per serving, multi-colored
- small red onion
- chopped mint
- chopped dill
- olive oil
- sherry vinegar
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Give the peppers a good rinse, and then, while still whole, slice them into thin rings. About 1/8 inch is best. Then carefully slice out any ribs and seeds. Slice the jalapeno into thin rings, but don't remove the inner seeds and ribs if you want to retain the heat.
- Peel and slice the onion as thinly as possible. (I used a mandoline slicer)
- Toss the peppers and onions with a little olive oil and vinegar. let sit for about 15-20 minutes.
- Just before serving, toss with the fresh herbs. Salt and pepper to taste.