Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad
Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad. Crispy quinoa is the perfect addition! It is a delicious and healthy salad that is great for company.
- 2 sweet potatoes (large, peeled and cubed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (fresh ground)
- ½ cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper (fresh ground)
- 1 green apple (small, diced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- ⅓ cup walnuts (toasted)
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon swerve (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer, and roast for 45 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet combine quinoa, olive oil, 1/2 cup water, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for about 10 to 19 minutes, until crispy. Drain on paper towels and allow to cool.
- Make the dressing by combining balsamic vinegar, sweetener, Dijon mustard, garlic, sea salt and cayenne pepper in a blender. Add oil in a steady stream and process until emulsified.
- Toss apple and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl combine spinach, pomegranate seeds, walnuts and apple. Add roasted sweet potatoes, crispy quinoa and toss with the desired amount of dressing.
View the recipe instructions at wendypolisi.com