Syn Free Best Ever Bolognese Pasta Bake
This Mouthwatering Syn Free Bolognese Pasta Bake will impress the whole family - rich bolognese meat sauce coated pasta topped with delicious cheesy goodness.
- italian parsley (fresh chopped)
- 150 g mozzarella
- 60 g cheddar
- 30 g Parmesan
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 carrot (large, finely chopped chopped)
- 1 courgette (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1½ cups beef stock
- 455 g extra lean beef mince (ground beef)
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes (or passata)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- handful mushrooms (sliced)
- 350 g dried pasta (can use gluten free)
- black pepper (to season)
- splash balsamic vinegar
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- Add the mince, onion and garlic to a deep frying pan over a medium high heat and cook until browned.
- Add the carrot, courgette and mushrooms and cook for a further 3 mins.
- Add the herbs, crushed tomatoes, stock, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar and worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil and then cover and reduce to simmer. Allow to simmer for 30 mins, until sauce thickens and becomes nice and rich. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place the pasta in a saucepan of boiling hot water and cook until al dente - approx 7 mins (you want it to still have a slight bite, as it will continue to cook in the oven).
- Add the pasta to a large oven proof dish.
- Add the bolognese meat sauce and mix well.
- Top with all cheeses and sprinkle of black pepper.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese has melted and is golden on top. Approx 30mins
- Serve topped with fresh chopped Italian parsley and your choice of sides.
View the recipe instructions at www.slimmingeats.com