The Papaya Breeze Poptail
The View From the Great Island
This alcoholic popsicle made with fresh papaya and rose wine is the ultimate cooler on a warm summer night!
makes 10 popsicles
- 1 medium, ripe papaya
- rose wine, or white wine of your choice
- Peel the papaya, and cut it in half lengthwise. Scoop out all the seeds, and any stringy pith, with a spoon. Give it a rough chop.
- Puree the fruit in a blender or food processor.
- Mix about 1 1/2 cups puree with an equal amount of rose. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your popsicle mold. Cover the top of the mold with foil, Flattening out the top with your hands so you can see the outline of each mold. Insert a popsicle stick into the center of each mold. Freeze until solid, 4 -5 hours, or overnight.
- To un-mold the pops, fill your sink with hot tap water. Immerse the mold up to by not past the top rim. Hold for 15 seconds, then remove from the water and slip the popsicles out. If they don't budge, immerse the mold for another 15 seconds.