The Ultimate Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls
You will feel as though you've died and gone to heaven when you make these ultimate gluten free cinnamon rolls! They truly are magical: warm, gooey, soft and feathery, they're everything a cinnamon roll should be, and then some ?
- 3½ cups gluten free bread flour blend
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1¾ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1¼ cups milk
- ¾ cup butter (melted)
- 2 eggs (large, lightly beaten)
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 4 tbsp butter (softened)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or vanilla bean paste)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk (or more as needed for desired consistency)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Blend dry ingredients in bowl of stand mixer using paddle attachment. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs. Whisk in the melted butter. With the mixer running on low, slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Once completely combined, turn mixer up to about medium or medium high and beat for 5 minutes.
- Remove paddle attachment. Scrape dough together into a rough ball or mound. Spray with cooking oil spray (gluten free). Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm, draft-free area for 2 hours, or until doubled or tripled in volume. Chill for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- In a small bowl, mix together filling ingredients with a spoon or spatula and set aside.
- On baking day, remove the dough from fridge. On a heavily floured surface (using extra gf flour blend) knead dough into a smooth ball, adding extra flour as needed until dough is smooth (a little sticking is normal). Keep adding flour and moving dough if it sticks. Roll out to a rectangle that\'s about ¼ to ½-inch thick, \"straightening\" the edges with a sharp edge, such as an acrylic ruler.
- Using your fingers, pinch pieces of the filling apart and drop them on the dough. Taking the palms of your hands, gently press down on the pieces. This doesn\'t need to be totally even. Each roll will have plenty of filling.
- Roll up jelly roll style and pinch seam to close. Flip over so seam is down and cut using a serrated knife or bench scraper into 2 inch rolls. You should get about 8 large rolls.
- Using a pizza roller or cutter (or even a sharp knife), cut the dough in half width wise, then cut each half in half, and then into fourths. You should have a total of 8 strips of dough. Roll up each strip of dough tightly into a roll.
- Place rolls into a greased 9 x 13 pan and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm, draft-free area until almost doubled in size, about an hour. Towards the end of the rising, preheat the oven to 350°.
- When rolls have risen sufficiently (they will rise more as they are baked), remove the plastic wrap and bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove rolls from oven.
- While rolls are baking, beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and continue to beat until smooth. Dollop a good amount on top of each roll and spread with an offset spatula.
- While rolls are cooling, whisk glaze ingredients in small bowl and drizzle over rolls.
View the recipe instructions at www.letthemeatgfcake.com