The Honey Blonde
I would much rather make these tiramisu cupcakes than actual tiramisu. There’s almost no assembly required and they are so easy to make!
- 1 box vanilla cake mix ( prepared)
- 4 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp espresso powder
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup (4 oz) marscarpone cheese (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour cake batter into a prepared muffin tin so that each tin is about 2/3rds full. Bake as directed on the package (approx. 20-25 minutes).
- Once cupcakes are baked and cooled, use a chopstick, straw, or other instrument to poke 6-8 holes into the cupcake.
- Pour condensed milk into a small saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle in espresso powder and whisk continuously until espresso powder is completely dissolved. Immediately spoon mixture over the cupcakes and let soak into the cake.
- In a medium bowl, pour in whipping cream and add the sugar. Whip using an electric beater on high until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes. Add the marscarpone cheese to the bowl and whisk until completely combined.
- Pipe or spread frosting on top of the cupcakes. Dust the cocoa powder over top using a small mesh sieve.
View the recipe instructions at The Honey Blonde