Toasted Almond Frosted
The View From the Great Island
A Toasted Almond Milkshake is the ultimate almond indulgence - if you loved the Good Humor man's Toasted Almond ice cream bar you're going to love this!
makes 1 milkshake
- 4 big scoops vanilla ice cream
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 4 tbsp toasted almond mix plus more for garnish (recipe below)
- whole milk (approximately 1/2 - 1 cup)
- toasted almond mix
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ stick almond paste (about 2 ounces)
- To make the toasted almond mix, put the almonds in a dry skillet and toast over medium heat for several minutes, stirring constantly, until they turn fragrant and golden. Don't let them burn! Set aside to cool
- Cut the almond paste into chunks and put it in a food processor along with the cooled almonds and pulse until finely chopped. It should have a coarse sandy texture. You'll have more than you need for this shake, so store the extra in the refrigerator.
- Put the ice cream and 4 tablespoons of the toasted almond mix into the blender, followed by the extract and just enough milk to loosen it up. Blend until mixed, but don't blend too long or the ice cream will break down.
- Pour into a tall glass and top with more crushed almonds.