Turkish Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps With Tzatziki
Turkish Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps with Tzatziki are healthful, light, easy, fun and so flavorful! It's the perfect summer dinner full of fresh ingredients!
- cooking spray
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 onion (small, coarsely chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic (coarsely chopped)
- ½ cup parsley (chopped, preferably flat-leaf)
- 1 tablespoon baharat
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 egg (large, beaten)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cucumbers (medium, peeled, seeded and diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 lemon (large, juiced)
- ¼ cup fresh mint (chopped)
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- salt (to taste)
- 16 boston lettuce leaves (large)
- red onion (thinly sliced)
- wedges tomato
- mint leaves
- MEATBALLS: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray. Alternately, line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil and spray.
- Combine the next 8 ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and mix in egg.
- Add the turkey and mix well. Form into 1-inch meatballs and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- TZATZIKI: Combine tzatziki ingredients in a bowl.
- TO SERVE: Top lettuce leaves with tzatziki, top with 2 or 3 meatballs, onion slices, a tomato wedge, pistachios and mint leaves. Roll up and enjoy!
View the recipe instructions at www.fromachefskitchen.com