Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt Bars
The View From the Great Island
These Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt Bars are fun to make, and pretty, too. They make a nice healthy treat for kids of any age. I make a simple granola for the bottom layer, and then collect lots of leftover bits of fruit and mixed it up with my favorite Greek yogurt to spread on top.
- 1¼ cups of your favorite granola, or recipe below
- 1¼ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 32 oz tub of your favorite Greek yogurt, either flavored or plain
- 3 cups fresh fruit, chopped or sliced, you can leave small berries and grapes whole
- To make the granola:
- Set oven to 350F
- Toss the oats with the honey, oil and vanilla. Mix it so that all the oats are evenly coated.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, stirring once during the baking time to redistribute. Let cool.
- Spread the granola in the bottom of an 8x8 or 9x9 square baking dish.
- Put the yogurt into a large mixing bowl. Fold in the fruit. Fold carefully so you don't crush delicate berries.
- Spoon the mixture onto the granola and spread out as evenly as you can.
- Cover well with plastic wrap and put into the freezer until solid. This could take 4 hours or more.
- Remove from the freezer and let the bars sit for about 15 minutes to soften a bit and then slice into squares. Serve immediately.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island