Vanilla Lavender Latte
The View From the Great Island
Vanilla Lavender Latte ~ this warming drink is made with vanilla bean and lavender buds for a soothing way to start or end a busy day.
- 0.5 cup hot coffee or espresso
- 0.5 cup milk, low fat is perfect
- 1 tsp culinary grade lavender buds
- 0.5 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp honey
- lavender buds and/or leaves
- Heat the milk, lavender, seeds of the vanilla bean, and honey (if using) either in the microwave or on the stove, just until it comes to a simmer. Let sit for 5 minutes, then strain.
- Pour hot coffee into a mug, then top with the hot milk. I like to froth the milk before I add it, but that's your choice.
- Garnish with a few lavender buds and enjoy.