Vegan Buttermilk Biscuits
These fluffy vegan buttermilk biscuits are so soft and tasty, made with a homemade dairy-free buttermilk. Perfect with jam, agave or vegan butter!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cup plant milk
- ¾ cup vegan Butter (chilled)
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add apple cider vinegar to plant milk and stir, set aside to sit for at least 5-10 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Cube chilled vegan butter and add to dry mixture. Cut in using a fork or a pastry cutter until it has a sandy texture.
- Add plant milk mixture and fold in, mixing just until it\'s combined, do not overmix.
- Place on a flat, floured surface and sprinkle more flour on top. Gently squish down and fold in half. Squish down and fold in half again. Do this 5-6 times for a flaky biscuit.
- Finally, flatten out to about 1 inch thick, and cut 2 1/2 inch circles** and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the bottoms are a light golden brown. You may want to broil them for just a bit to get more color on top.***
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then enjoy!
View the recipe instructions at beplantwell.com