Vegan Moroccan Tagine
Cake and Whisky
Warming, filling and just so cosy, this vegan Moroccan tagine is the ideal dish to meal-prep to cheer you up for the whole week ahead!
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 200 g butternut squash, peeled and cut into large chuncks
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and cut into strips
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- ½ can of chickpeas
- 200 g canned chopped tomato
- 1 low-salt vegetable stock cube
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sumac
- ⅓ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil ((divided))
- salt, pepper
- 100 g cooked couscous or quinoa per person (to serve)
- chopped parsley & slices of lemon (to serve)
- In a large pot, heat up the olive oil.
- Add the onion and spices and cook until softened and translucent.
- Add the red pepper and cook until soft.
- Add the carrots, butternut squash and chickpeas, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 min or until lightly roasted.
- Add the chopped tomato, stock cube and water (enough to just about cover the vegetables). Pop the lid on the pot and cook for 20 min on low heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve alongside couscous or quinoa and slices of lemons.
View the recipe instructions at Cake and Whisky