A delicious meal suitable for breakfast through to dinner.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum ), finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 190 g broccolini ((* can replace with broccoli)
- 150 g peas
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp whole milk ((* can replace with cream if you prefer)
- 35 g cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp pepper
- salt (to taste, do not add salt if serving to baby)
- Preheat oven to 220c / 425f
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, cheese, herbs and seasoning.
- Heat oil in a 10\" cast iron pan, add the onion and garlic and cook for approx 5 mins. Add the bell pepper (capsicum) and carrot and cook for a further minute. Add the broccolini and cook for a further min. Stir in the peas.
- Give your egg mixture a final whisk and pour the mixture over the vegetables. Stir briefly to distribute the mixture evenly across the pan.
- Cook on the stove top for approx 1-2 minutes. Just until the edge of the frittata has turned lighter in colour.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for approx 8-10 mins, ideally, you should take the frittata out of the oven when the middle still has a SLIGHT jiggle to it or when it is just set and no more.
- Cool in the pan for 5 mins and then slice and serve.
View the recipe instructions at www.healthylittlefoodies.com