Veggie Pot Pie Soup
This comforting, vegan vegetable pot pie soup is sure to hit the spot!
- ¼ cup vegan Butter (or oil)
- 1 onion (small, diced)
- ¾ cup carrots (diced)
- ½ cup celery (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp sage
- ¼ tsp rosemary
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cauliflower (chopped)
- 3 red potatoes (medium, or gold, peeled and cubed)
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen green beans
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- drop biscuits (to serve with)
- Melt vegan butter in a large pot on medium heat.
- Sauté onions, carrot, and celery until onions become translucent.
- Add in garlic, parsley, thyme, sage, and rosemary and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour.
- Whisk in 1 cup of the vegetable stock. Then, whisk in the remaining stock.
- Add the cauliflower, potatoes, peas, and green beans to the pot. Bring to a boil. Then simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as is or with vegan biscuits.
View the recipe instructions at www.karissasvegankitchen.com