Whitefish with Cherry Salsa
The View From the Great Island
Whitefish with Cherry Salsa ~ grill your fish over charcoal, or pop it under the broiler, my juicy cherry salsa makes it a spectacular 30 minute meal.
- 2 cups finely chopped cherries
- 0.5 jalapeno (seeded, and finely minced, leaves seeds in for more heat)
- 3 tbsp finely minced red onion
- 1 juice of large lime
- fresh chopped cilantro to taste ( about 2-3 Tbsp)
- 2 lbs whitefish fillets (4)
- 2 lemons
- butter or olive oil
- Combine the salsa ingredients in a bowl and toss. Taste to adjust the lime juice, cilantro, or jalapeño. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Arrange the whitefish in a single layer on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, and then either dot with butter or drizzle with olive oil. Tuck the lemon slices around the edges of the fish. When the oven has reached temperature, bake the fish just until it is opaque and flakes with a fork, about 10-12 minutes. Put the pan under the broiler briefly to get some charring on the surface.
- Serve the fish with the lemon slices topped with a generous amount of the cherry salsa.