Whole Grain Pasta Salad with Cucumber Dressing Peas and Fresh Mint
From a Chef's Kitchen
Not your average pasta salad, Whole Grain Pasta Salad with Cucumber Dressing, Peas and Fresh Dill is one of our all-time summer favorites!
- 1 pound rotini, fusilli, penne or other short pasta
- salt, plus more for dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 0.25 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large Kirby cucumbers, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, white and light green part only, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 bag (12-ounce) frozen peas, thawed under cold tap water
- fresh dill sprigs (for garnish)
- Cook pasta in salted water per package directions. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, honey, cucumber, scallions, dill and salt and black pepper to taste in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth or almost smooth (a little chunky is fine.)
- Toss with dressing with drained pasta, add peas, garnish with fresh dill sprigs and serve.