Whole Wheat White Bean Bread
Whole Wheat White Bean Bread is a protein rich bread made with whole wheat flour and mashed white beans. It is great to eat toasted with some cream cheese.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup Cooked White Beans (like small white beans, cannellini, great Northern etc)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp Instant Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning (or other dried herbs of choice)
- as needed Rolled Oats or Sesame seeds, for topping (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients (except for the oats and sesame seeds) in a big bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix and knead till a smooth dough forms, about 7 minutes on the machine and 10 minutes by hand.
- Transfer into a lightly greased bowl, cover and set aside for 1~1½ hours or until the dough doubles in volume.
- Gently deflate the dough and form into a log. Place in a lightly greased 8½x"x4½" loaf pan. Cover loosely with greased plastic wrap and set aside to rise for 45minutes ~ 1 hour or until the dough crests 1" over the rim of the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Brush the top of the bread with water and sprinkle the oats/ sesame seeds on top and press lightly.
- Bake for 30~35 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center reads 190°F.
- Remove the bread from the oven onto a wire rack and cool completely.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout