Steak and Tomato Salad
The View From the Great Island
Steak and Tomato Salad ~ this is steak salad like you've never had it before, with gorgeous chunky tomatoes and a killer steak sauce dressing!
- 1.5 pounds good ripe tomatoes
- 1 pound top sirloin steak
- olive oil for brushing
- fresh basil leaves
- fresh thyme leaves
- 0.5 small red onion
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 6 tbsp A1 steak sauce
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Brush the steak lightly will olive oil and season with salt on both sides. Preheat a stove top grill pan until really hot, then grill the steak for about 2 minutes per side, or until done to your liking. The exact time will depend on the heat of your grill pan and the thickness of your steak. Let rest under foil while you prep the tomatoes.
- Cut the tomatoes in chunks, or small wedges. If you have cherry tomatoes, cut them in half.
- Thinly slice the steak on the bias.
- Arrange the tomatoes, steak, onions, and herbs in one large salad bowl, or in individual bowls. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette and drizzle over the salad just before serving.