Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
From a Chef's Kitchen
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce are smoky, spicy with the right amount of sweetness. They make a great appetizer or entree.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ((divided))
- ½ small red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen raspberries
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or raspberry vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar (or as needed)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (8-ounce) package chicken tenders (tenderloin)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon (or 1 per tender)
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often until soft, approximately 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8-10 minutes or until thickened and reduced by 1/3. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Puree in a food processor or blender, then strain through a sieve, pressing on solids to extract as much sauce as possible. Serve sauce with chicken tenders.
- Season chicken tenders with salt and black pepper. (You may wish to lighten up on the salt as the bacon is salty.) Wrap a bacon slice around each chicken tender.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken tenders in the pan with the end of the bacon strip down. (This will help "seal" the bacon onto the chicken.)
- Brown the chicken well on all sides until bacon and chicken are cooked through to 165 degrees.
View the recipe instructions at From a Chef's Kitchen