No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Bars
The View From the Great Island
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Bars were a huge hit in our house, They're light and fluffy, and fantastic frozen, too!
- 1.5 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (I used Nabisco Famous Wafers)
- 0.75 stick unsalted butter (melted)
- 0.5 cup peanut butter
- 0.5 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1.25 cup heavy cream
- 0.33333333333333 cup mini chocolate chips
- chocolate sauce
- 1 cup water
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 0.66666666666667 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Lightly spray a 9x9 square baking dish and line it with parchment paper, leaving the ends to hang off the edges. This 'sling' will allow you to lift it out after chilling, for easier cutting. This step is optional.
- Toss the crumbs with the melted butter until all the crumbs are completely and evenly saturated. Press them evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Combine the peanut butter and the sweetened condensed milk in a bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds (to soften the peanut butter.) Blend the two together until smooth.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Then gently blend in the peanut butter mixture. Keep folding in until no streaks are left.
- Spread the mixture out onto the crust. Scatter the mini chips over the top and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve drizzled with the chocolate sauce.
- Store the bars in the refrigerator. They are also good frozen.
- To make the chocolate syrup, Put the water, sugar, and cocoa powder in a sauce pan and gradually bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve everything. Let the sauce boil gently for several minutes until it just starts to thicken. Take off the heat and stir in the vanilla. The sauce will thicken further as it cools. It will keep in the refrigerator for a month.