The Secret To The Perfect Cookie For One!
The View From the Great Island
The secret to making The Perfect Cookie for One --- a single batch recipe that gives you just one perfectly warm gooey chocolate chip cookie!
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, room temp is best but not essential
- 1 tbsp firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 tbsp flour (fluff, scoop, and level)
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp rolled oats (old fashioned or quick cooking)
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips, plus a few extra for the top
- Set oven to 350F
- Put the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl, or mug. Use a fork to blend them together really well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and oats and continue to mix until everything is well blended and there is no dry flour left.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and bring the dough together with your hands and roll into a smooth round ball.
- Set on a cookie sheet, you can line with a piece of parchment if you want, but it's not necessary. Flatten just slightly with your fingers, and pop in a couple of extra chips on tip. Push them in well but keep that nice round shape.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- If you like your cookie soft and gooey, eat it warm from the oven. If you like your cookie with a little bit of crunch, let it cool completely.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island