No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
The View From the Great Island
No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars ~ no eggs in this cookie dough recipe, and the flour is microwaved to kill any potential bacteria.
- ½ cup (1 stick) soft butter
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 tsp milk
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips (use minis if you like)
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, either finely chopped, or chips
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Line an 8 or 9 inch square baking pan with foil.
- Put the flour in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir, and check the temperature, you want to get it to 160F. If it's not there, microwave 10 more seconds and check again. When it has reached 160F let it cool, and then sift and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until well combined. Blend in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, and add the milk if the mixture seems very dry. Fold in the chips.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the pan, making sure to get a flat, even layer.
- Put the chocolate and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup and microwave for 1 minute. Stir until the mixture is completely melted and lump free. If necessary put it back in the microwave for 10 second bursts until it is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate over the cookie dough and spread out. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to allow it to firm up.
- Remove from the refrigerator about 5 minutes before slicing. Remove the cookie dough from the pan, and peel off the foil. Slice with a large sharp knife that has been dipped in hot water and dried off between each slice.
- Store these bars in the refrigerator.