25 Minute Chickpeas with Chorizo
This delicious dish of Chickpeas and Chorizo in a flavorful tomato sauce is ready in less than 25 minutes! Serve over rice or quinoa for a complete dinner.
- 1 lb uncooked chorizo sausage (removed from casing)
- 1 14-oz can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes with garlic and basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ((divided))
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional: chopped cilantro or scallions for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet or wok, and add the chorizo. Break up the chorizo with a spatula and brown over high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chickpeas and diced tomatoes, and give it a stir. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the tomato sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped cilantro or scallions. Serve over rice, quinoa, or bulgur (cracked wheat).
View the recipe instructions at Babaganosh