30 Mins Mexican Tilapia Fish Dinner
Pressed for time? This Mexican Tilapia Fish Dinner with Mexican black beans, homemade guacamole, and restaurant-style salsa comes together in just 30 minutes and is healthy, nutritious and outrageously delicious!
- 4 tilapia fish fillets (whole or loins only )))
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons mexican chilli spice ((( hot or mild )))
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup black beans (drained, can)
- ½ cup mexican salsa (restaurant style)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups lentils (cooked, or any grain or seed, or mexican style lentil detox salad )))
- 1 batch mexican salsa (restaurant style)
- 1 batch classic mexican guacamole
- sour cream ((( optional )))
- grape tomatoes ((( optional )))
- jalapenos (sliced, (( optional )))
- Using a food processor, prepare the Restaurant style Mexican Salsa and the guacamole.
- Toss the fish fillets with all ingredients except for the olive oil. Rub the spice, garlic and lime well into each fillet for utmost flavor.
- Heat up a skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil, and when hot, add the tilapia fish. Let the fish sear on one side for 6 mins, flip the fillets and let them cook for another 6-7 mins, and then flip them one last time. Turn off the heat, cover the pan and let the fish stay in the pan for 2-3 mins more (this ensures perfect done-ness).
- In the meantime, prepare the bean mixture. Mash up the black beans roughly using a fork in a bowl, season them with salt, and toss them with the salsa mixture while gently mashing to your desired texture.
- Assemble the plate by mounding some cooked grain, seed or lentils, top them with the bean mixture, and top that with more salsa. Place the fish fillet next to it and then surround it with some salsa, guacamole and your favorite condiments. Enjoy!
View the recipe instructions at www.twopurplefigs.com