30 Minute Pork and Vegetable Kebabs
Enjoy these 30 Minute Pork and Vegetable Kebabs (with bacon!) grilled or roasted in the oven for a super quick dinner.
- 1 package Smoked Bacon Loin Filet
- 1 small red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 small orange bell pepper (diced)
- 1 zucchini (cut into 1-2 inch slices)
- 1 small red onion ( cut into 1-2 inch slices)
- 1 10-oz package baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and cut in half if they are big
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ((divided))
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- optional garnish: diced scallions
- If using the oven, preheat to 400F. If using wooden skewers for roasting the kebabs in the oven, soak them in water while preparing the ingredients. Use metal skewers if you plan on grilling.
- Dice the loin filet into 1 inch cubes. Try to keep the cubes small and consistent in size, so they cook quickly.
- Combine all the diced vegetables (bell peppers through mushrooms) in a large bowl and toss them with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Assemble the kebabs by alternating between the diced pork, various vegetables, and pineapple pieces.
- Roast or grill the kebabs for about 15-20 minutes, or until the pork is fully cooked to an internal temperature of 170F. Remove from heat, allow to cool 5 minutes before serving, and garnish with diced scallions.