Quick Mushroom and Ham Pizza
The View From the Great Island
This Quick Mushroom and Ham Pizza is a warm and cozy pizza that you can whip up on a whim because it's made with...wait for it...refrigerated dough!
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough (I used Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust)
- cornmeal or polenta
- olive oil
- 1 pint cremini mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ cup leftover ham (diced in small bits)
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves (or 1 tsp dried)
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (plus more if you love extra cheese, I used bagged finely shredded cheese)
- Set oven to 450F
- Unwrap the dough and form the rectangle into a ball by turning the edges under until it becomes a smooth round shape. Set it on a surface that has been dusted with cornmeal, cover with plastic, and let rest for 15 minutes.
- While the dough rests, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet and saute the mushrooms, garlic, ham and thyme until the mushrooms are browned, about 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a 10 inch round and transfer to a pan or baking sheet. If you like a thinner crust you can roll out to a 12" round.
- Make dimples all over the dough with your fingertips and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Lay down a layer of cheese, and then add the mushrooms. I usually add a little more cheese over parts of the mushrooms, leaving at least half of them showing.
- Bake the pizza for about 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden browned and everything is melted and sizzling. Serve right away.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island