Almond Cacao Nib Cookies
Crispy and delicious Almond Cacao Nib Cookies. This cookies dough is very easy to work with and they are great to give as holiday gifts.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cups Almond flour/ meal
- ¼ cup Cocoa Nibs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- as needed Granulated Sugar, for sprinkling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract, heavy cream and mix well.
- Sift in flour and baking powder into the bowl, then add in the almond meal/ flour and cocoa nibs. Mix well until just combined.
- Wrap the dough in a cling wrap and chill it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- In the mean time, preheat the oven to 350°F. Roll out the chilled dough into 4mm thick disc.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough or slice them into squares with a sharp knife.
- Place the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 14~16 minutes or until they are lightly golden and crisp. Sprinkle the granulated sugar on top and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout