Almost Fat Free Tea Loaf
Delish guilt-free(ish) fruit loaf. No oil, no butter - just a bit of egg, making for almost no fat per serving. Nicely sliced and spread with - dare I say it? Butter! :)
- 280 g Raisins
- 300 ml strong hot tea
- 340 g self raising flour
- 110 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Steep the raisins in the hot tea for half an hour.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Add the raisin-tea mixture and the beaten egg. Gently combine using a rubber spatula, but don\'t overmix.
- Scoop ingredients into an oiled loaf tin.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 for 1 hour.
View the recipe instructions at allrecipes.co.uk