Aloo Gobi - Potatoes & Cauliflower
Cook With Manali
Aloo Gobi - Potatoes and cauliflower cooked with onion, tomatoes & spices is a popular Indian recipe.
- 2 potatoes (medium, sliced or cubed)
- 1 cauliflower (medium, cut into small florets)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (medium, chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1½ teaspoons Ginger-garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur)
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- salt (to taste)
- Heat 2 teaspoon of oil in a pan on medium heat. Add cauliflower florets and fry for 2-3 minutes and then add the sliced potatoes.
- Fry on medium-low flame for 7-8 minutes till potatoes and cauliflower have some brown spots on them.
- Drain on a tissue paper and set aside.
- In the same pan heat 1.5 teaspoon of oil on medium heat and add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes till translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and cook for another 2 minutes or till the raw smell goes away.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes till they are little soft.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and amchur (mango powder).
- Cover the pan and let the masala cook for 2-3 minutes and then add the potatoes and cauliflower to it and mix.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and give a good mix.
- Add garam masala and cook the potato and cauliflower on medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add salt and cover the pan and cook more additional 6-7 minutes on low flame or till the potato and cauliflower are tender but not soggy. If you feel the masala is sticking, you may add some water. Add 1 tablespoon at a time and only add enough to cook the veggies. I did not add any water in mine.
- Garnish with some more coriander leaves and serve hot with any Indian bread.
View the recipe instructions at Cook With Manali