Seared Sea Scallops with Tomato Red Onion and Balsamic Salsa
From a Chef's Kitchen
Seared Sea Scallops with Tomato, Red Onion and Balsamic Salsa is a light, elegant, summery restaurant-quality dish for two!
- 4 medium plum tomatoes (about 1 pound), seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup red onion
- 2 tablespoons good-quality balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 large sprig fresh basil (thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil ((divided))
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large sea scallops, side muscle removed, rinsed and patted dry
- Combine tomatoes, onion, balsamic vinegar, salt and black pepper in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- When ready to serve, stir in fresh basil.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat until oil is hot, shimmering and ready to smoke.
- Generously season scallops with salt and black pepper.
- Place in the pan and cook 2-3 minutes on the first side or until a nice golden crust has formed.
- Turn the scallops over and cook 1 minute on the other side. Immediately remove from heat.
- Serve salsa with scallops.
View the recipe instructions at From a Chef's Kitchen