Classic Italian Tomato Bruschetta
This Classic Italian Tomato Bruschetta is an easy and delicious appetizer of crispy toasted bread and delicious tomato topping. Perfect for hot summer days!
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 slices of rustic bread or ciabatta
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 2 tbs good-quality extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- fresh basil (finely chopped)
- Wash and dry tomatoes and bell pepper, remove core and seeds, then dice. Place in a bowl, season to taste with salt & pepper and sprinkle with olive oil. Add a sprinkle of chopped basil and mix well.
- Put bread sliced on grill or in a heated pan. Grill or toast until golden brown, then remove and set aside on a plate. Sprinkle with olive oil, then rub generously with crushed garlic clove.
- Top bread slices with the tomato and pepper salad and enjoy.