Apple Cider Doughnut Cake
The View From the Great Island
Apple Cider Doughnut Cake ~ an easy cinnamon apple bundt cake that tastes just like Fall's iconic apple cider doughnuts ~ yum!
- dry ingredients
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp salt
- wet ingredients
- 1 cup apple cider
- 0.75 cup applesauce
- 0.75 cup vegetable oil (I use safflower)
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- Set oven to 350F
- Generously butter and flour your bundt pan, making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies. Don't skip this step!
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a another bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until just combined, don't over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out without wet batter clinging to it. Set the pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Stir the sugar and cinnamon together for the topping.
- Invert the cake onto a plate. Brush with the melted butter, and sprinkle generously all over with the sugar.