Authentic Mexican Rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable (or canola oil)
- 1 cup dry long-grain white rice
- 8 ounce tomato sauce (can)
- 16 ounces water (warm)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons calde de tomate (tomato bouillon)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- Heat oil in a 5 quart saute pan over medium-high heat. Add rice. Cook rice, stirring constantly, for several minutes, until rice begins to turn a golden color.
- Reduce heat to low to avoid spattering. Gently pour in warm water, then tomato sauce and stir. Stir in chili powder, Calde de Tomate and minced garlic. Turn heat back up to medium-high, bring to a boil, then reduce to low and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until all water has been absorbed.
- Turn off heat, fluff rice then let sit, covered, for 5-10 minutes before serving.
View the recipe instructions at www.yellowblissroad.com