Authentic Valencian Paella
This is as authentic as it gets! Enjoy a night in with friends and/or family you will feel like you're in Spain with this traditional Valencian paella.
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 rabbit (prepared (leave legs whole, cut the rest into chunks))
- 260 g paella rice
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 225 g flat green beans (sliced diagonally )
- 1 pinch saffon
- 750 ml chicken stock (good quality fresh)
- 150 g buttered beans
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil on a high heat in your paella pan. Brown the rabbit and chicken. Turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Cook the meat for about 10-15 minutes so it's not fully done but not too far off. Be careful not to overcook the rabbit. Take the meat out and put on a plate to one side.
- If you have a lot of fat in your paella pan then drain some of it out, heat your garlic paste through and add the paella rice, tomato purée, paprika and rosemary and give it a good stir.
- Add your saffron to the stock and give it a good stir. Pour the stock into the paella pan and then scatter your green beans. Add your meat back to the pan. Turn up the heat so it's on medium-high and leave for 20 minutes. DO NOT STIR!
- Five minutes from the end scatter your butter beans onto the rice.
- When your 20 minutes are up try the rice to see if it's nicely cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!
View the recipe instructions at Globe Scoffers